Sweater Workshop: Andrea Mowry’s “Weekender” (4 weeks)
Wednesdays, May 8, 15, 22, & 29, 5:30-7:30pm • $128
Teacher: Elizabeth Mamantov
Join Lizzie for a four-week adventure making Andrea Mowry’s hit sweater pattern “The Weekender”! This oversized, comfortable sweater is a versatile wardrobe addition that will look great in any color of the extensive Shelter palette. The class will introduce you to all the skills used in the pattern, from the tubular cast-on and bind-off, to short rows, to the three-needle bind-off. Under Lizzie’s guidance, you’ll also learn about drop-shoulder sweater construction and fit, so that you end up with a new sweater that you’ll love to wear!
Pre-requisites: Participants should be familiar with the following: knitting, purling, working in the round, and basic increases and decreases.
Homework: As gauge is so important to a project like this, your homework includes a carefully knit swatch that will ensure success with your final sweater. Upon signing up for the class, attendees will be sent a .pdf detailing the homework requirements.
• 915-1640 yards of worsted weight yarn, purchased from Spun. (We recommend Brooklyn Tweed Shelter, Fibre Co. Cumbria, Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd’s Wool Worsted, Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok, Quince and Co. Owl, Harrisville Designs Highland, or Berroco Vintage, but your options for yarns that knit to an appropriate gauge for “The Weekender”--18 stitches and 27 rows over 4 inches--is extensive.)
• 40” size US7, US8, and US9 circular needles (or size needed for gauge)
• Size US8 and US9 double-pointed needles (unless you’re doing magic loop)
• Stitch markers
• Darning or tapestry needle
• Stitch holders (or waste yarn)
• Row counter
Maximum number of students: 7