Fixing Knitting Mistakes (2 hours)
Thursday, May 30, 6-8pm • $30
Thursday, July 25, 6-8pm • $30
Teacher: Sunday Holm
Do your projects stop when you make a mistake you can’t fix? With Sunday’s help, you’ll look at the anatomy of the knit and purl stitches and learn how to unknit and what to do when you’ve knitted instead of purled (or vice versa), dropped or twisted your stitches, turned your cable the wrong way, or gotten off your stitch count. Sunday will also cover what to do when you don’t have enough yarn left to finish a row and take a look at lifelines (integral to lace work). Take this class, and you’ll have the tools you need to get going again!
Pre-requisites: Participants should be familiar with the following: the long-tail cast-on, knitting, and purling.
Homework: Participants should cast on 30 stitches, then work in stockinette stitch (*knit one row, purl one row, repeat from *) until their piece measures 6-8 inches long. Do not bind off.
• One skein of light-colored Shepherd’s Wool Worsted
• Knitted swatch (see homework, above)
• Size US7 AND US8 needles (circular or straight)
• Size US E, F, OR G crochet hook
• Two yards of waste yarn (medium- or dark-colored sport or DK weight)
• Darning or tapestry needle
• Stitch holders
• Paper and pencil
Maximum number of students: 7